Cigna's Corporate Social Responsibility
27 October 2016
The Cigna team is proud to serve as a catalyst for change in the more than 30 countries in which we operate. With over 35,000 colleagues, we are driven by a mission to help the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Our goal is to help build a better world today as well as for future generations.
Some of our efforts and accomplishments in 2015
- Worked toward 2017 Environmental targets — 3% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, 3% reduction in energy use and 1% reduction in water consumption annually.
- Diverted nearly 1,500 tons of waste from landfills with Cigna’s 100% paper shredding policy for all office paper.
- Community: Logged 53,418 hours of Cigna employee volunteer service.
- Well-being: Provided health information online with access to 2,600 nurses, 1,000 nutritionists, educators and health care specialists.
- Diversity: Scored 90% on the Corporate Equality Index from the Human Rights Campaign, a five point increase from prior year.
- Training & development: Provided more than $5.6 million in funding through our Educational reimbursement Programme.
Governance & Ethics
- Signed the United Nations Global Compact and committed to support the Compact’s 10 principles on human rights, labour, environment and anticorruption across the enterprise.
- Trained 100% of new employees in our Code of ethics and all existing employees affirm their adherence to the Code annually.
Would you like to know more?