Cigna's Corporate Responsibility in 2016
31 August 2017
Cigna Connects, our unique corporate responsibility platform, empowers and guides us in connecting our mission, expertise and resources to a broad range of environmental, social and governance efforts.
Some of Cigna’s efforts and accomplishments
- Encouraged more than 2 million Cigna customers to opt out of paper statements resulting in eliminating millions of pieces of paper and envelopes.
- Worked toward 2017 Environmental Targets of 3% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, 3% reduction in energy use and 1% reduction in water consumption annually.
- Community: Contributed $13.5 million in combined Cigna Giving through our Foundation, Civic Affairs and employee volunteering.
- Wellness: Launched our largest prevention campaign to date with an ensemble of familiar TV doctors to promote check-ups as an important step in preventive care.
- Diversity: Scored 100% on the Corporate Equality Index from the Human Rights Campaign for the first time.
- Training & Development: Tripled participation in our Educational Reimbursement Program with new program features to over 1,700 employees and nearly $5 million in funding.
Governance & Ethics
- Trained 100% of new employees in our refreshed Code of Ethics and all existing employees affirm their adherence to the Code annually.
- Continued our Privacy Steward programme to support and drive privacy compliance within the business/corporate areas.
Cigna Global Health Benefits' CR efforts
- Promoted online claiming to reduce paper claims
- Every employee can spend a total of 8 hours/year on Community Service
- Employees raised money for charities during a Corporate Responsability week in April 2016 and during various races in our community.
Governance & Ethics
- Renewed our ISO 9001:2008 certificate for another two years
Would you like tO know more?
Watch a video message from David Cordani, Cigna's President and CEO.